Sunday, June 7, 2009

Allow Myself to introduce ... Myself

So it may be a week after the blog launched, but I'm here. I was never one for doing things in a timely manner. You can ask my college buddies, college professors, or family members (specifically my sister who is still waiting on her April 30th birthday gift). But it's out of this lack of timeliness that The Seinfeld Project (TSP) was born.

As Josh mentioned we have been close friends for some time now, and this came about in college. We both went to a small college that required you to live on campus for all four of your years. Some people find that to be a drag, but I do not. One of the clear side effects is that it teaches the much needed socialization skills that are needed in most work environments. It was during these years, living on a hall with my closest friends, that I discovered my love of Seinfeld.

It was the perfect combination of Mountain Dew and Mozzarella. Just the right amount of grease on the joystick. Ok, not really, but Seinfeld fans will recognize the reference. But my point is the show was on rerun almost any time of the evening. Classes, should one attend, filled up most of the day, and an Intramural Sports affair covered the afternoon. But after dinner, oh those glorious hours after dinner, you could watch Seinfeld on : TBS, Fox, the out-of-town Fox affiliate that we got, back to TBS, late night Fox, and late night Fox on the out-of-town affiliate again. If one played their cards right you could watch maybe 7 or 8 Seinfelds a day!

For all the reasons that Josh mentioned before, the quotes, the cultural relevance, the comraderie with friends, the similarities to every day life which is often just about nothing, and the characters, the show hooked me. I can remember purchasing the DVD releases of the TV show the first day each one was released. I have watched the through and through (with and without the Notes About Nothing feature turned on). So we embark on this project, ranking the Seinfelds.

So join us on a journey to George's Parents House, Elaine's Life, Kramer's Hair-Brained Ideas, and invariably Jerry's Apartment. We hope you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment